2012年5月16日 星期三

Microchipping Pets


I can't say enough good things about the wonders of microchipping pets.

Recently, there was a stray dog in our neighborhood for several days. Rather than have him brought to the shelter and euthanized, or the poor thing hit by a car or abused by children, I brought him home. I called our local newspaper and placed an ad, then called my veterinarian and the shelter to see if anyone had reported her missing. Although no one had, the staff at my veterinarian's office recommended that I bring her in so they could scan her to see if she had a microchip. Fortunately, she did have one, and in a matter of minutes I found out her owner's name and phone number. It turns out that she lived in the next county, approximately 20 miles from my house.

I contacted her owner and was able to return her that day!

What could have been a very sad situation turned into a very happy ending. Although she did have a collar with her license and ID tags on, she had slipped out of it like so many dogs do.

Please encourage people that if they have cherished pets that do not have a microchip, to go to their veterinarians and have it done today. Microchips are a good investment for everyone!




Accomplished gourmet cook, author, and pet lover.

Visit my websites:

http://www.happypettips.com

[http://www.phyllisrecipes.com]





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

沒有留言:

張貼留言